Friday 26 October 2012

How to Dice an Onion

I cook with onion all the time.
One year for Christmas my husband bought me the Slap Chop (for real) to help me save time with all my dicing, chopping and slapping.
It was totally terrible. I threw it out after about four very unsuccessful attempts at dicing mastery.

Instead of gadgets, I use a trick my friend Keith showed me years ago, a trick I think you will all love.

I have tried to show you in the below picture, but, basically cut the onion in even strips in one direction, then rotate the onion, keeping it facing upwards, and slice in even strips, so you have a hatched pattern.

Then, turn your onion on its side and when you slice your onion evenly, all of your pieces will be perfect little squares. I love this trick and hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment